We are looking for an experienced Settlement Manager to join our Finance team in Athens. Reporting to the CFO, the successful candidate will be responsible for the organization and implementation of the settlement process to ensure product delivery, escalation and resolution of high exposure items, maintaining standards along with the proper balance of cost, control and client service.
More specifically, as Settlement Manager, you will:
- Set up, implement and monitor all settlement processes;
- Propose accounting treatment, define specifications, confirm compliance with third parties, and follow up for exceptions with card companies & banks;
- Review the settlement process and invoicing procedure with Visa and MasterCard throughout the whole process, i.e. from clearing to general ledger entries;
- Verify funds availability, review and approve settlements;
- Perform reconciliations for acquiring and issuing, as well as review and approve reconciliations and accounting entries;
- Liaise with customer care for further research and resolution of customer complaints and/or refunds; and
- Be responsible for Finance requirements and audit reports.
To be considered you should have:
- Degree in Finance or related field;
- At least 7 years of relevant finance and banking experience;
- Knowledge of Settlement's functions and credit card operations (Experience with Visa and MasterCard preferred);
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office, with expertise in Excel;
- Attention to detail and ability to handle multiple tasks in a dynamic environment;
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills, as well as strong decision making skills;
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team with excellent verbal and written communication skills both in Greek and English; and
- Background as a data analyst will be a plus.
We are offering an attractive competitive salary and the opportunity for a rapid career development, working closely with a highly motivated team in a dynamic and fast paced environment.