An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Legal Associate in Viva Wallet Group to undertake the responsibility of proactively handling a broad range of legal matters and driving compliance efforts associated with our Group.
We are looking to recruit an individual that will:
- provide legal support and advice to the Group’s divisions, mainly in the wider area of corporate and commercial law (e.g. company’s law, consumer law, banking and finance) as well as with respect to operational and compliance issues (e.g. AML, data protection /GDPR, rules imposed by the Payment Systems and the International Organizations-card schemes-, PSD2, etc).
- Prepare and review all legal and corporate documentation (including agreements and contracts of a wide range of commercial law subject matters, decisions of the companies’ constitutional bodies etc)
- Coordinate the liaison with external Lawyers
- Structure and handle litigation cases
- Organize and coordinate the department cases and issues; monitoring calendars; keep up with deadlines; documenting actions and generating status reports
- Bachelor degree in Law ( an LL.M. especially with a specialization in commercial law areas is considered a strong plus)
- At least 5 years' working experience as a lawyer, preferably in the banking sector or in a law firm/ office specialized accordingly ( previous working experience on international/European projects is considered a strong plus)
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Experience in dealing with complex legal issues with significant financial impact.
- Experience in commercial law, company law, banking and finance
- Excellent organization skills and ability to manage multiple projects and conflicting demands
- Ability to build relationships with key clients, co-workers and business partners
- Collaborative and consultative team player who possesses an ability to work well both independently and in a team environment including with senior management
- Ability to work comfortably in an intense, fast-paced and dynamic environment and successfully support the company's European expansion plans.
Includes attractive salary, working closely with a highly motivated team in a dynamic and fast paced environment that provides the opportunity for rapid career development.